Monday, February 8, 2010

A Not-So-Speed Paint





Another attempt at speed painting... well more just concept painting. Did invest more time into this one. I found a good reference picture, pulled some colors and went from there. My problem has always been rushing my art. I look at a piece go " Oh I got it! now let's do that" and I go...and most of the time stumble. I continue to do that until i feel myself get a little better. It's true, the more you practice the better you get. Whether any body else likes this piece or not, I felt myself get a little stronger with this one. All I needed was some patience and some follow through. I have to keep myself from simply hitting new project everything I feel a piece slipping away. This piece isn't the most interesting, some values are off, and the design is weak, but over all it served as the next step on a tall set of stairs. Crits more then welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment